The primary function of the logistics sales position is to sell customer freight solutions.
The role ensures a high volume of customer interactions, encompassing prospecting, cold-calling, and closing deals; customer service and account management.
The specific tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly define the logistics sales job description are listed below:
- Responsible for initiating sales calls to prospective or current clients
- Prospect for leads and perform heavy cold-calling to build a pipeline of businesses
- Supervise accounts daily to retain existing relationships
- Responsible for price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
- Responsible for creating sales goals to aid in achieving targets
- Uphold rapport with clients and prospects
- Nurture new sales leads to secure business
- Responsible for offering quotes to current and prospective clients
- Responsible for supervising shipments until delivery completed to guarantee smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Carry out research to identify companies not currently doing business with the organization
- Build relationship and sell to clients through phone or one-on-one.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking a logistics sales job, we expect you to meet the following requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge: Transportation brokerage/sales experience, marketing multipart logistical solutions to a wide range of clients
- Possess a strong track record for delivering successful sales experience in personal selling, telephone sales, and customer service
- Knowledge of Tradeshow, LTL, and less than truckload; FTL – Full Truckload and Air Freight, as well as other supply chain management solutions
- Computer skills: Solid skills with MS Office software; good experience with sales automation, customer relationship management, and other web based software programs
- Interpersonal skills: Sociable personality with knowhow at developing relationships
- Communication skills: Applicants for a logistics sales role must be analytical and a problem solver with adequate skillset to handle stressful situations while putting the needs of the customer first
- Time management and multitasking skills: It is not out of place to be on the phone while sending emails or instant messages to co-workers at the same time.
Import & Export
cleared and delilvered
ocean import and export
AIRFREIGHT IMPORT AND EXPORT
Ask an Expert
Questions? We’ll connect you to people with answers. Tell us about you, and choose a topic to get started.